Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Determination: A lesson learned from a 1 year old


My baby girl is growing up.

Elizabeth took her first tentative steps a few weeks ago, and has gradually been gaining confidence in her ability to walk.

Today she officially became a toddler. She has been practicing all day long and has learned how to navigate obstacles (except for her big brother) and even turn corners.

Her sheer determination has amazed me. As I have stood aside and watched my daughter take a few steps, fall and get back up to try again, I wonder "what if we all had that same sense of determination?" When we set out to learn something new, each time we fail, we should just get up and try again, and again, until we get it right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, they grow up so fast. And, the lessons we can learn from them are priceless...if only we would just pay attention.
I came to your place by way of my dear friend, Robin, and read your comment there.
If you have time, please visit my blog. I would love to honor your friend.

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm back to not only be your FIRST commenter, but also your SECOND !
Whoo-Hoo!
I am going now to create your tributes and link you to my readers on my next post.

So, come on back in a little bit to let me know if I need to make corrections or additions.

Alison said...

I came over from Swampy's place to say HI!! I remember my daughter's first steps..she is now 13 years old, enjoy these days, they pass so quickly!!

Living Life said...

Thank you for signing my guest book and I welcome you!! Your daughter is adorable! It is good that you are recording these priceless stepping stones!