Friday, October 24, 2008

"Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow"

My friend is having surgery as I type this post. Her mastectomy is almost finished and I have received an update (through caringbridge.com) with the results from tests on her lymph nodes NO CANCER! The cancer is isolated in the ducts of her breasts and they are able to remove it all!

I just want to jump and do a little dance, but I can't. I am immobile, with tears flowing down my cheeks. I feel some kind of paralysis that has pinned me to the sofa. Probably from my exhaustion, both physical and mental.

They are tears of joy, praise, relief, and amazement at the perfect provision of my almighty God.
I will never know all of the reasons why He has chosen for my friend to have this experience. I do know that He will do incredible works through this; works with results beyond my comprehension.

She still has a tough recovery ahead of her. When her mastectomy is finished, the plastic surgeon will take over and do reconstruction. She will experience great pain as her body heals from the mutilation of her flesh. But God has surrounded her with an extensive support system of friends and family who are already stepping in to take care of the everyday tasks.

Please continue to pray with me for my friend and her family (especially her husband and kids).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember waiting on the report from my lymph nodes and what a relief it was to hear that my cancer was contained.

What good results for your friend.

Don't know if you are aware of the Breast Cancer tributes going on at my place. Be sure to check it out. It's the second post down from the "fishy face" that you saw today.

myhouseof6 said...

i will keep her in my prayers, what a scary battle to face.

Maggie said...

myhouseof6:
Thank you, it means alot to me to have you praying for her.
I have had an especially hard time with this.

Anonymous said...

I'm back to let you know the "solution" to what was posted at my place yesterday is up.