Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Pink Monster

My friend was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday.

I am always amazed at how fragile life really is. How in mere moments, a phone call, a letter, or an email can change the course of our lives forever.

I know that for now, every time I see the color pink I will pause and say a prayer for my friend and all women who face this ugly battle.

I am without words right now.

I ask you to pray. Get down on your knees, and pray for my friend, her husband, and her kids. Join me in this vigil: "Almighty, Glorious God, my Father, strengthen my friend and her family. Guide her doctors, direct the treatment precisely where it needs to be. Help us to always know that you are in control. Father, I just don't have the words right now, I don't know just how to pray. I am encouraged by your Spirit whom I know is speaking on my behalf. Thank you Father God. In Jesus' name I pray."

No comments: